Well hello everyone! It’s the day after our Kickstarter here at Obsidian, and while a few of us are a little rough around the edges right now, we’re already busy working on Project Eternity!
In this update, we’ll go through a number of frequently asked questions we’ve received in the last day or so. If you have any problems with anything, please always feel free to head over to our forums, or reach us on Facebook, Twitter, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kickstarter and PayPal Stats
So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:
So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?
How do PayPal backers affect the Mega Dungeon size?
It counts toward the Mega Dungeon! We hit fifteen (15!!!!) levels!
Will Facebook Likes still count to a larger dungeon?
Yes, for now they do! Come like us quickly and maybe we can hit the 40,000 likes for one last dungeon level. But it’s for a limited time, so… like us! Please note: If you clicked Like on our Eternity home page, that doesn’t qualify – we need likes on Obsidian’s Facebook page!
Kickstarter / Amazon Payments / PayPal
OK, so now what happens? If you backed us on Kickstarter, Amazon will begin processing payments and will contact you. This process takes place over a period of 14 days. If you encounter any problems with this process, never fear about losing your pledge. We’ll work with you to work out any payment issues so you don’t lose out as long as you were a part of the crowdfunding phase.
Once payments are taken care of, we’ll start collecting information from you guys, and we’ll do that a few times. More info on that below.
If you backed us on PayPal, and everything went through OK, sit back and relax and we’ll be in touch soon!
Speaking of PayPal, I noticed PayPal tiers are still up. Will I get the same rewards for the tiers if I donate now?
Yes! For as long as we have the listed options available on http://eternity.obsidian.net, you’ll get the same rewards. This is for a very limited time though, so don’t delay if you’re going to get in on Project Eternity!
Oh no, I don’t think I added shipping! How do I add international shipping?
There’s two ways to handle international shipping. You can:
- Go to http://eternity.obsidian.net:
- Along the right side, choose the Donate button under the “Donate Your Own Amount” section. It’s at the bottom of the Tiers just before Addons.
- On PayPal in the Donation Amount field, enter the desired amount and click Update Total.
- Log in to PayPal using your email and password.
- On the “please review your donation” screen, click the Add special instructions for Obsidian link. Describe what your donation is for (international shipping, top up, etc.)
- Change any other relevant details and then click the Donate USD Now button.
- Hang tight for now. Once we get all of the information from PayPal and Kickstarter and then get it organized, we’ll be reviewing each and every order to make sure we know how you want your funds allocated. We’ll handle that directly with you via e-mail (please make sure the e-mail you used on Kickstarter or PayPal is accessible to you! If you have any concerns about that, e-mail us at email@example.com)
I would actually like to upgrade to another tier – can/how do I do that?
For a very limited time, you can use the process described above in “How do I add international shipping” and specify to us what you would like to do. You can do this even if you first contributed to Kickstarter. Just include the difference. (Disclaimer: This does not apply to tiers that were sold out.)
Where can I see Adam’s Icewind Dale II playthough?
Unfortunately it’s not available.
Where can I see the D&D game?
Here it is!
Where can I see the last few hours of the party stream?
Swing by Twitch TV at http://www.twitch.tv...ian/b/335806140
When is Chris Avellone going to stream playing Arcanum?
We’ll be in touch soon with details on that. It might be a Holiday Special stream. Rest assured he’s going to do it - you guys hit the $4M marker!
What’s the next step?
OK so now what?
- First, come sign up on our Forums if you haven’t already. That’s going to be the best place to connect with us throughout the development of the game. We’ll also be up on Facebookand Twitter too. Backer badges will start rolling out in the next few weeks. If you have any problems signing up on our forums (our anti-spam can be rather aggressive sometimes, we apologize!), e-mail us over at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you all set up.
- A survey will be coming in the next few weeks to ask you how you want to allocate funds. For those of you who are getting physical goods, before we ship anything, we will notify you and reconfirm at that time to make sure we have the latest physical address on file.
Some of you have been wondering how we will be offering keys for the game. You will be able to select one of the choices below for each key.
- Steam: Steam currently supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. We will be offering you a SteamPlay key. This means with one key, you can play the game on any supported platform of your choice! The Steam version will also offer in-game achievements and we are going to look at adding Steam cloud support for an even better multi-platform experience. Please note that Steam uses DRM (digital rights management) however. DRM comes with this platform and is not something we can disable. If you want a DRM-free option, please see GOG.com below.
- GOG.com: We will be offering DRM-free options based on the platforms that GOG supports at the time of us shipping the game. Currently, this means you only have a Windows DRM-free option, but apparently some big news for Mac users is coming… tonight, and hopefully good news for Linux users too down the road.
You may have noticed that there isn’t a DRM-free Linux version listed; that’s true today, but by the time we launch, we’ll have one available.
Thanks again everyone, and we’ll be in touch!
Update from Darren Monahan