Welcome to Patch 1.2! We've paid careful attention to the thoughtful and insightful feedback from the community since Deadfire's launch, and many of the changes that are now present in Patch 1.2 could not have come about if not for the conversations and passion from our players. Come join Executive Producer Adam Brennecke as he gives you the rundown on what's new in the Deadfire Archipelago:
As noted by Adam, Deadfire Programmer Brian MacIntosh has created an instructional video detailing the Mod Manager's functions. Check it out below:
Brian has also written a more in-depth guide that you can read and discuss on our forums! Come join the discussion.
Head to the forums for the full list and discussion of Patch 1.2 fixes, or take a look at the highlights below:
- Inventory and Store Features
- Your stash is now searchable!
- Holding shift while selling things from your stash will now add items without prompting the player about stack sizes.
- Companions and Relationships
- Reputation screen now displays the dialogue nodes that affected change with companion relationships.
- Added UI to recommend which companions to bring on quests relevant to those companions.
- Mod Manager UI
- User interface added that lets you track which mods you've added or turned on or off.
- Crew Injuries
- An Injured Crew HUD is now available.
- Balance Changes
- All 2H melee weapons now receive +1 Penetration to put them in line with the other melee weapons.
- Several under-performing Cipher spells have been buffed while Charm has been re-tuned to break if the character takes damage from the charming party.
- Tricksters have gotten new spells, lower penalties, and cheaper high level abilities, while Wizards have lower out of school penalties, higher power levels with specialized schools, and spell buffs. Additionally, low-level Priest spells have been buffed.
- We wanted consumables to be valuable tools to solve problems, not be a singular factor in combat or be a crutch that players could reach for too easily and without any need for decision-making. As they were, they were too-often the only deciding factor in combat. We've re-tuned consumables to scale exclusively from skill ranks and power level bonuses and figurines will no longer have unlimited uses.
- Major Fixes
- Fixed an issue where party members who were knocked out during a save state would be dead but still be in the party upon loading a save
- Players no longer spiritshift (and lose equipment) when drinking from the pool at Outcast's Respite.
- Player health in character sheet now displays properly.
- Active animal companion abilities now properly display on the Ranger and animal companion ability bars.
- Fixed problems with the ability bar detecting the active/queued state of modal abilities in no modal group.
The developers are still hard at work to bring continuous improvements, features, and content to the Deadfire - stay tuned in July for new challenge modes, a new free merchant-ship DLC, and our first expansive DLC, the "Beast of Winter". More news on them in the coming weeks!
IGN recently interviewed our very own Josh Sawyer on their Unfiltered series that you can check out here!
We'll be doing more frequent Twitch streams going forward. With these streams we want to show of what we're currently working on with new updates, while also giving insight into what went into developing the game with different developers from the Deadfire team. Our first of these streams went up last week where Executive Producer and Lead Programmer, Adam Brennecke, was joined by Senior Programmer, Roby Atadaro, as they looked into what was coming to Patch 1.2. If you missed the stream, the VOD is available now.
We loved our community participation in the last update's Community Corner, so it's here to stay! Check out our community page on the Pillars site to see who is streaming the game on Twitch as well as links to threads on the forums. Some artistic highlights from our wonderful community can also be seen below:
Thank you again for your continued support. We love hearing from you, and these fixes could not have come without love from our community. If you have any issues, contact us at our support portal to help you on your journey.
The Deadfire team