We hope you've been enjoying the Crucible of Kazuwari! In this Backer update, we're going to check out what's new in Deadfire's new Patch 3.1 that is available today!
The patch is live! Some of the highlights of Update 3.1 include:
- UI Simplifications
- Ship UI will now be hidden until you can access your ship
- More options for auto-hiding elements of the HUD
- Spell Shaping
- Available for Wizard, Druid, Priest, and Chanter classes; this passive ability allows spell casters to adjust the radius of certain AoE spells to increase the power level or area that the spell can reach
- Magran's Fire Difficulty Additions
- All Challenges can now be done on any difficulty in the game! Play through with new challenges for a new, interesting game experience
- New Berath's Blessings
- ...Can I Pet Him Anyway?
- The time has come, friends... Edér can now equip a pet
- Infamous Past
- Gain the Infamous Captain passive ability and live the life of someone who has survived a mutiny
- ...Can I Pet Him Anyway?
- Premade Characters
- Characters can now be imported to use on various playthroughs through Deadfire. Characters can be chosen in character creation, or by visiting taverns and recruiting them as Adventurers
Berath's Blessings weren't the only thing to get some additions in this patch. Two new challenges have been added with the 3.1 update.
Hylea - Vela is rather attached to the Watcher and won't leave your side, the poor thing, so it's up to you to protect her. If you don't, the game ends!
Rymrgand - Food will start to expire! Foods like hard tack will expire more slowly, but you should still stay vigilant and ensure a supply of fresh food!
A New Mega Boss
A new Mega Boss can now be challenged! This colossal Ooze is prepared to face some of the strongest teams that dare brave it! Can you discover it's location and take on this fierce enemy?
For the past few months, Shacknews editor, David L. Craddock, has been interviewing various people past and present associated with both the Infinity Engine games and Pillars of Eternity. From a deep dive into the world of isometric RPG's, Beneath a Starless Sky explores the events that would lead up to Obsidian's foundation and the journey that culminated in the release of Deadfire. Check it out!
PHYSICAL BACKER REWARDS UPDATE
For our physical backers we want to thank you all again for your patience and for having supported Deadfire. All of the backer goods have been shipped out at this point and we have loved seeing you post your items up on social media. We're still addressing those who have had issues with their shipments and we'll continue to answer tickets and make sure you get what you need. If you have any requests or questions, so please feel free to contact us.
EXTRA LIFE MARATHON
On November 10th through 11th, we'll be hosting our 4th annual Extra Life Charity Marathon to help benefit the Children's Hospital of Orange County. It will be a weekend of fun and games, with special guests coming by to help raise money "for the chids." Among our very special guests and events that we'll be having that weekend, Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky will be joining us on Sunday morning at 8:00AM Pacific to play and discuss Fallout 1!
Be sure to hang out with us on the Obsidian Twitch channel over that weekend and help us raise money for a great cause!
Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.
The Deadfire team