PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY.
By entering THIS PROMOTION, you agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO ACT FOR AND TO BIND THAT PERSON TO THESE TERMS.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS, AN OBSIDIAN.NET ACCOUNT, and a STEAM® SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNT CONNECTION ARE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR AND PROMOTION ENTITIES. This Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Scavenger Hunt (this “Promotion”) is sponsored by Versus Evil LLC, P.O. Box 482 Phoenix, MD 21131 (the “Sponsor”). “Promotion Entities” include all Sponsor employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, developers and licensors and subcontractors, of the Sponsor, and all legal, promotion, and/or advertising agencies and third parties of the aforementioned entities.
- ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRED. This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. By participating, you agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a Reward (as defined below), you agree to release the Promotion Entities, including any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Promotion from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding Rewards, receipt and/or use or misuse of a Reward, or participation in any Reward-related activities.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Each eligible person who participates in the Promotion is an “Entrant”. You agree that this Promotion is open to those who are at least the age of majority in the country in which they reside, provided that all eligible Entrants, have Internet access during the Promotion Period, and provide a link to their Steam® Subscriber Account for the purpose of administering Rewards.
- INELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is subject to all applicable country, state, and local laws and void where prohibited. Promotion Entities including their immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Promotion or Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire’s production or development are not eligible.
- TIMING: The Promotion begins on April 11, 2018, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on November 30, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Promotion Submission Period”).
ALL CLUE ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE PROMOTION SUBMISSION PERIOD. ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE PROMOTION ENTRY TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, during the Promotion Period each eligible Entrant need to go to the official Pillars of Eternity II Scavenger Hunt website, which is located at www.deadfirescavenger.com (the “Pillars II Scavenger Website”) and register for the Promotion. Registration requires that each Entrant either log in with their Obsidian.net account or create a new account. Once logged in, each Entrant is required to connect to their Steam Subscriber Account (for the purpose of distributing awards only). At the completion of the registration process, an account will be automatically established for each Entrant (each an “Entrant Account”).
- FINDING CODES / HOW TO WIN. Prior to the start of the Promotion, the Sponsor has hidden numerous 6-digit alphanumeric codes in various Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire magazine articles and advertisements, Internet publications and advertisements, marketing materials, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire art assets, screenshots, magazine cover art, livestreams, trade show handouts, and other visual and audio mediums (“Codes”). Entrants must find Codes and unlock rewards as discussed below.
- UNLOCKING REWARDS. FINDING AND ENTERING CODES DOES NOT GUARANTEE A REWARD. When an Entrant discovers a Code, they must sign in to their account and enter that 6-digit Code in their logbook page, which will track and unlock Rewards automatically when the correct number of accepted Codes are entered (as provided in the paragraph below). Once an Entrant has fully unlocked a Reward by providing all necessary Codes, that Reward will automatically appear in their Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire game inventory on Steam® on the game’s official launch day. As Entrants discover more Codes, they must return to the Pillars II Scavenger Website, log in to their account, and enter the new 6-digit Codes to unlock more digital reward items. Each 6-digit Code can only be redeemed once. If a Code is invalid, the Entrant will be notified upon submission. In addition to entering all required to unlock each digital Reward, each potential Reward winner must meet all eligibility requirements of this Promotion, including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases.
- DISQUALIFICATION AND CANCELLATION. In the event a potential Reward winner does not meet all eligibility requirements or return signed any necessary documents within 3 business days of the request for the same by the Sponsor, then the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the potential Reward winner and nullify any or all associated Rewards. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, will render the Entrant ineligible. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Promotion should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion. Each potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. No automated entries accepted.
- REWARDS. “Rewards” include a maximum of 10 digital in-game items. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any Reward are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by a winning Entrant as a result of this Promotion and any Reward won are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. No substitution or transfer of prize, reward, or cash redemptions is permitted. The Promotion Entities reserve the right to substitute a Reward for a prize of like value in the event the described Rewards, or any portion thereof, are unavailable for any reason. Only 10 Rewards in total are available to each Entrant, provided that the number of 6-digit Codes required to unlock each is redeemed properly. Rewards will only be activated once Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire launches publicly. Entry does not guarantee that any Rewards will be earned.
- GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering this Promotion, you grant the Promotion Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use your name, voice, picture, and likeness, without further authorization or compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sponsor and all matters related to the Promotion in any manner or medium, through the world in perpetuity. Reward winners may be required to sign and execute affidavits of eligibility, tax acknowledgment forms, liability releases, and except where prohibited by law, name and likeness releases.
Neither the Sponsor or Promotion Entities are responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, Internet loss, hacking, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, or other errors or problems which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
The Promotion Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of a Reward. In the event more Rewards are awarded than the actual number of Rewards authorized due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from all eligible Entrants for the Reward at issue. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Promotion Entities’ reasonable control, which results in the corruption or loss of integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion, the Promotion Entities reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect Entrants received prior to the event requiring such cancellation.
The Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or earning a Reward if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices, or for the purpose of annoying, abusing, threatening, or harassing any other Entrant, the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire game player, the Sponsor, or any Sponsor representatives or third parties. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempt to access an Entrant Account, the Pillars II Scavenger Website, any software or resource used in the Promotion, or entering the Promotion or increasing the likelihood of earning a Reward via a bot script, device, or brute-force attack will result in disqualification. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may also be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Promotion. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant, the Sponsor, or any Promotion Entity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder, Entrants consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in San Mateo County, California, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of a Reward is allowed, provided further that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a reward with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised Reward become unavailable for any reason. If a Reward is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize will be forfeited.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For a copy of these Official Rules and/or the list of Rewards or Clue locations, please request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Versus Evil LLC, P.O. Box 482 Phoenix, MD 21131. Your request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Promotion.
© 2018 Versus Evil LLC. Versus Evil® is a Registered Trademark of Versus Evil LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Steam® Steam is a trademark and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.