We hope that those of you who have journeyed to Harbingers' Watch have enjoyed your stay (and according to the Steam reviews, you have!), but there is still plenty more to come in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. In the timeline that we shared with you in Update 53, you may have noticed that this month will see the release of Abydon and Skaen's God Challenges. Take a look below for descriptions of those challenges, what's new in Hotfix Patch 2.0.1, and a sneak peek of what's to come!
- Abydon - The god of the forge is ready to challenge you with forged items you carry. The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
- Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
We look forward to seeing what you talented Watchers are able to do with these challenges enabled. Remember, if you're streaming these challenges, let us know by tagging us on Twitter so we can go and hang out with you!
That's One Mega Boss
Next month we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss to Deadfire. As we've said in some interviews recently, the Mega Bosses are end game challenges that you can take on in the Deadfire and are meant to test your party's mettle. These fights are meant to be for high level parties, so don't expect to be able to tackle them right when you get the Defiant out on the seas of the archipelago. We'll have more information on who the first Mega Boss will be in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
This week we've released a patch that fixes some of the bigger issues some players have had since the launch of "Beast of Winter." Our forums have the full patch notes, but some of the highlights are:
- Retrained party members will no longer gain Knock Down, Constant Recovery, Battle Axe Proficiency, or Mace Proficiency when they should not.
- The autosave feature works as intended after jumping into the pit in the Beast of Winter DLC and allows for progression.
- Party members will no longer disappear near the portal in Sunken Crown.
- Party members stay together when using the portal in Sunken Crown when it's flooded.
As always, we want to continue to work with you all to help make Deadfire an even better game. If there are issues you come across, let us know through our Support Portal and on our forums. We'll assist you as soon as we can!
Executive Producer and Lead Programmer, Adam Brennecke, was on the air to talk about Deadfire and what's to come in future patches. Check out his insights on the Origin PC Live show a couple of weeks ago:
He also had the chance to talk to the crew of Don't Hate the Geek, who was awesome enough to relay some questions from the community!
Enjoy the interviews and be we'll be sure to share others in the future!
In our latest stream on our Twitch channel, Pillars of Eternity Programmer, Brian Macintosh, joined Community Manager, Aarik Dorobiala, to highlight some of the mods that the awesome Deadfire modding community has put together. During the stream we showed off:
- Enhanced User Interface by Spherikal and Xaratas
- Panther Animal Companion by SilentRage99
- More Priest Subclasses by NocturnalTrance
- Unity Console for POE2 by TheHologram
All of the mods shown can be downloaded from the Nexus through their links above. To find more Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire mods, head over to the Nexus and see what the community has been putting together!
As always, if you subscribe to our channel on Twitch, you get access to emotes that you can then use across all of Twitch. All money we receive from Twitch subscriptions and cheers goes to benefit the Children's Hospital of Orange County. You can also donate to our Extra Life team and help raise money for the children's hospital that way. We'll be doing a marathon stream in November where we'll have an entire weekend of games and special guests while raising money for a great cause, so be sure to join us then as well. Do it "For the chids!"
Physical Backer Rewards Update
It's been an incredible relief to hear that some backers have received tracking information for their shipments, or, better yet, the rewards themselves! For those of you who haven't and have any questions, check out our support page with the latest news on physical rewards, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also whitelist email@example.com if you're in the Americas or Oceania and have yet to receive your rewards or check your spam folder for an email containing tracking information!
The fan art we've been getting from all of you has been so great to see. Thank you to everyone who has contributed fan art for the past few updates. We also want to let you know that the community page on eternity.obsidian.net now displays fan art that we see come up on Twitter (with proper credit to the artist). Be sure to head to the page and see if your art made it up there!
If you have art that you'd like to see shared in these updates, be sure to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.
The Deadfire team
Did you miss our last update? Check it out! To join the conversation on this update, head to our forums!