We have brought you to Harbinger's Watch with "The Beast of Winter" and the Crucible of Kazuwari in "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor", now prepare yourselves as we head to the Black Isle, and into "The Forgotten Sanctum".
The Forgotten Sanctum
When a violent tremor shatters the islands of the Deadfire, the greatest wizards in Eora seek out the aid of the Watcher. The archmage Maura has vanished into the depths of a newly opened dungeon located in the Black Isles and threatens to awaken what lies forgotten there. Follow Maura's trail and determine the fate of one of the Deadfire Archipelago's most closely-held secrets.
- Traverse an expansive dungeon built into the flesh of a sleeping god.
- Encounter the highest-level challenges yet faced by the Watcher and their companions.
- Scheme with or defy the wills of Eora's most powerful wizards.
You'll have a chance to take your Watcher and their crew to the Forgotten Sanctum on December 13th, 2018!
Patch 4.0 Preview
Alongside the release of "The Forgotten Sanctum", the Deadfire team is releasing a new update with patch 4.0. As the team has done with every major update, they're happy to bring new features to Pillars II. Some of the new features that will be arriving with patch 4.0:
- One additional sub-class per class - That's right! Every class in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be getting one extra sub-class, including the oft-requested Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote sub-classes!
- Respawning ships on the world map - The ships of the Deadfire will no longer be gone forever once defeated. They'll now respawn, giving you the ability to attack, loot, and take down again.
- New Magran's Fire Challenges:
- Ondra's Challenge
- Storms are larger, faster, and more frequent in the Deadfire now.
- Enemy Captains are increased in rank and travel faster when chasing the Watcher
- Wael's Challenge
- All numbers become ??? with the exception being item count, party character Attributes, Skill, and Level.
- Woedica's Challenge
- All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
- Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
- While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.
- Ondra's Challenge
- Two new Mega Bosses
- The Wizard Savant
- The Infernal Construct
We know you have questions about the console version of Deadfire and we promise we'll have more information on that in the next update. Though rest assured that it is still coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch!
Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.
The Deadfire team
Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.
Did you miss our last update? Check it out! To join the conversation on this update, head to our forums!